Monday, May 19, 2008

MEANINGFUL DINING TIME

A good friend of mine messaged for a dinner yesterday, emm said sorry to him as I got birthday party .. my nephew's 1st birthday party. I can not afford not to attend this .. well .. surely with a birthday present. To be honest .. I don not really like kids that much ... but somehow they like me. Emm I need to change to an evil uncle then... hahahah

Back to my friends .. since I can not make it yesterday.. suggested to meet for dinner today. Agreed and supposed to meet him at the gym ... somehow .. this particular friend cant make it for the gym . but yeah .. makan time .. seldom missed.

After gym at MAXIS, he picked me up .. then like always.. this is our conversation .
He : Aiyo why so many things ...
Me : Hahaha alaways like this what .. so ..just shut up.
(I get into his car)
He : Where are we going?
Me : Dont know ... why always ask me .. I hate to choose where to eat.
He : Do not give me dont know answer .. tell me where to go.
Me : Ahhh .. I hate .. emmm anyway .. why dont we try a place nearby my house.. you are sending me late ranyway.

So .. the place has been decided ... without knowing the name of the place .. I directed him to Bandar Baru Sentul. Yeah .. that the place am renting at the moment.

We stopped at the first shop/stall .. emm too dusty and scary .. hahaha make a U -turn then cruised till we saw a quite OK place. Parked .. and crossed the road. We placed our order .....like always.. err most of the time we will order

Steam fish
Tomyam /Sup Ekor
Daging masak merah
Manggo Salad
Omelete
Kailan or Kangkung
Prawn friter
Rice

and always I'm the one who need to finish all .. so today .. decided to exclude Prawn, Tomyam and omelete.

Daging masak merah ....emmm I would rather call it red coloured meat with oil.

Baby kailan ... I just do not understand why tehy call it baby kailan .. as it is totally different species from the "matured" (normal) kailan....baby kailan cooked with oyster sauce + crushed garlic thicken by corn starch. Taste pretty good .. but I guess too much corn strach (I'm not supposed to eat corn base food .. and oyster as well)

Lime steam fish (siakap). Superb taste .. soury and umpphh just nice and healthy too. No oil at all. I can just order this fish and have it for dinner.
Am gonna enjoy these dishes... yum yum yum


As that time we reached .. the place still bright (well hazey anyway) ... didnt even care to check the place's name ... emmm only when we walked out .. due to Siamese style of decoration ... then only I saw .. the name .. Al-Azmi emm no wonder they keep playing the nasyid song. hehehe too bad they didnt provide surau. Can not read the Al-Azmi word?? yeah .. I know .. sorry for my phone cam.

Hope this tissue holder help you guys to get the Al-Azmi. :-)

Anyway.. the meaningful part was not about the food. It was about our post-meal conversation. It was about friendship .. being honest in friendship.. get things clear. Should tell what we like .. what we do not and is our expectation. Do not assume our friends know all that.

I realised .. I was lacking at that part. Hardly voice out what I do not like .. and what I like. trying to be too nice also not that good.

"Friendship is not a responsibility ..... when we are in trouble .. our friends help us out of courtesy not because they have to do so. Unlike family ....... "

I do agree with you Mr Uncle. heheheh. I need to be more independent .. not too attached ... and be more vocal. Hmmm in other word .. need to be less introvert virgo .. :-) .. I will try.

p;s: no picture of mango salad ... as we ordered it seperately .. but honestly .. the taste was so good. I love that.

No comments: